Sunday, October 27, 2013

Blog Post #10

Randy Pausch was an amazing speaker. He acquire the credibility of achieving his dreams but he also uses his positivity to inspire others. Pausch's Last Lecture speech shows that regardless of how superficial, simple, or extravagant our childhood dreams may seem they can mold us into the person we will become.


He teaches us that there are key elements to learning. I learned that it is very important to never give up. We need to treat others like we want to be treated if we were being taught. In this way, you will know that people will help you if you ask. To tell the truth and apologize when we mess up. You should take a honest person over a good person any day. Randy quote "There is nothing like watching kids have fun learning something hard." I love this quote because being a future math teacher will be very challenging for my students as well as me but rewarding if it's fun for us. " Bricks wall are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something." Don't let nothing stand in your way of your dreams. We will always have road block but there's ways around them to achieve our goals.

What I can learn is that teaching is all about learning. We will never stop learning about new things. Pausch's advising us to not complain, just work harder. "You can not change the cards you were dealt, you can only change the way you play your hand." as quoted by Randy Pausch. This is my favorite quote by him. I can't expect the perfect classroom, school, or great students. I can only be the best teacher that I can be. provide my students withe the knowledge they will need for the future. I have always let others influence me to no follow my dreams but after watching Randy Last Lecture has inspire me to never give up on my dreams. I hope when my students watch this video in my classroom they will be inspire to follow their dreams and goals in life. Most important thing to remember is to HAVE FUN!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kynyetta. I really liked the sentence you wrote about where Pausch advises to not complain, just work harder. I completely agree with this! That statement could not be more perfect for this post. I did notice a few grammar errors, just make sure to always double check your post for those errors. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete