Saturday, November 2, 2013

Blog Post #11

There's only one word to describes Ms.Cassidy's Little Kids Big Potential class is WOW!! I never thought that students that young could know so much. I was shocked to see such young students using technology better than me. I know that's a shame to say but it's true. When I was in elementary school, we didn't have a lot of technology available. I was taught with "burp back education." Those students were using computers, iPads, nintendos DS game, and skype. I thought that was really neat how she incorporated video games into her classroom.
little kids big potential

In the skype interview with Dr. Strange, Kathy Cassidy's (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) approach to technology was amazing. She makes education more interesting for her students through technology with the start of five computers. I like the idea of how she use skype in her classroom to communicate with other classes around the world. I think this would be a great tool to use in a math classes. I found it very interesting how we can learn from other students around the world. To understand their way of learning and how they are taught. The idea to use visual aide vs. paper and pencils. Since using paper and pencils are not appealing to students, I think that having video games, ipads and laptops are great ideas.

Another idea that I would use is a class blog. The reason is so that parents, students, and teachers can communicate. Students and parents can have access to their class work. Students can check for assignment for class, homework assignment, and tests or quizzes. It's good for students to communicate with fellow classmates if they are having problems with math. They can teach each other through the class blog. They can work on their writing skills and math problems. Parents could even help their child with school work as well. I think having a blog site for math students would be great. I'm excited to see what other technology can be used for math.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know you will be a blogging teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kynyetta, I was shocked too. I grew up playing video games and I was always familiar with technology, but I didn't really start until I was older. These students are definitely engaged! I think I will also use a class blog. I don't see any grammatical errors and your post was great. Keep up the great blogging.

    ReplyDelete