Saturday, November 23, 2013

Last C4T

C4T

complex numbers
My teacher name was Ms. Andrea Kerr. She posted about being at her daughter competitive cheer practice. She stated she had some down time and decide to do a Halloween Freebie color worksheet for her students. They are working on complex numbers. They were to color the body parts that correspond with the correct answer.

My comment was that I just love your idea about complex numbers. I would have never thought to make a Halloween Frankenstein color worksheet. great way to get the students more involve with mathematics. GREAT JOB!!!


C4T#2
polynomial
Mrs. Kerr talks about how her class is Evaluating Polynomial this week using a matchbox creation. She comes up with a creative way for a little “note taking” and examples for evaluating polynomial functions. she provides the students with a worksheet on how to create a matchbox. She calls it “Arts and Crafts with Mrs. Kerr” when the class do foldables or coloring pages or just any activity that requires some sort of utensil. Mrs. Kerr gives in details on how she divide the students up into group and the instructions on how to create the matchbox.

My comment was that polynomials are my favorite math problems to do. I would have never thought to make a matchbox to create a problem for the students to solve. It amaze me how we can incorporate "Arts and Crafts" into education. I will definitely be using this method in my classroom. Thanks for sharing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment