Friday, November 1, 2013

C4T#3

C4T

In Michael Edlavitch Hooda Math Blog, was about a game called Hooda Escape Ice Cream Shop. It's a puzzle game that will have the students using their math and reasoning skills. students will have to think critically and watch for clues. It uses CCSS Math content: generalize place value understanding fro multi-digit whole number and converting rational number to a decimal using long division. If you have a sweet tooth like me, Try some Hooda Escape Ice Cream Shop, if you dare.

I comment that I really like a game that challenges your students mind and math skills. I love how you have to explore and find the clues to escape the shop. I will definitely takes this knowledge with me when I become a math teacher.

Post#2
Edlavitch provides another great post on Hooda Math. He talks about a conference that was in Las Vegas and thanks all of the people who came and visit his booth. He has provided a list of games and the Common Core State Standards that's associated with the games for all grade levels. I found it to be very interesting.

My comment was that I love how the games are set up for students of all grade levels. Great job on providing which CCSS is associate with the grade level. I really admired the Hooda Escape Ice Cream game. It was very interesting. I like how students can interact with technology and its a great reinforce for teachers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment